Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Picture Perfect...


There are a few more fun things and exciting events to share. Sunday, after an early church and another watch of High School Musical 3, we took about 20 kids on a hike. The hike was over 2 hours and we went through town, up a road and climbed a hill. The kids did really well! While some were scared of snakes popping out at them, and others were on crutches, they did an awesome job and we all got to enjoy the view from the top. This is a picture of Zimkhita and Nosipiwe at the top, aren't they cute?
This is Zimkhita and Tabisa and I at the park. It was sunny and a beautiful day!
Yesterday we went to the park with almost all of the kids. I must say it was the most successful park visit that I have been on since I have been here: minimal crying, kids got along, didn't wonder off into the fields. The girls absolutely love taking pictures of themselves. They grab my camera and then run off and take six different pictures of the same exact thing: one person just standing there. Not smiling and not close up, but just standing. So today I wanted to teach them a bit about how fun it is to take pictures as a group and all the different poses you could do. Well for twelve, thriteen and fourteen year olds, they got into this. And it was so much fun! We took pictures on stairs, bleachers, old signs, broken down walls, under trees, laying on the ground, etc. but it was so fun! When I got back from the park I went and photoshopped them a bit and I'm going to go to try and print some off for them today or tomorrow.
Two nights ago we had a talent show and I think I mentioned that in the last post? Either way, here are a few of the girls who were singing for the competition. I have some videos too. The talent is amazing!


Yikes, I leave tomorrow night. Running out of time! Mixed feelings, but as always extremely excited to go home! Can't believe it.. as the time gets closer, it seems as if the time slows down and speeds up all at once. See you before you know it!


With love.

No comments:

Post a Comment