Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sometimes we rock and sometimes we roll

I just wanted to dance on the beach for you =)


So I kind of took today as a personal day so to speak. I just sort of walked around, without an agenda, heading wherever I felt lead. It was nice, relaxing, and in a way inspirational. I felt lighter hearted and more joy than I have in awhile. It was like flowers that had been beautiful before were multiplied and everywhere I looked I could just soak in the sun, feel the warmth and breathe in beauty coming from all directions.
My journey lead me to the ocean, of course, a place that is beautiful in any place, any climate, and wonderous any time of day. It is only right that as I'm writing this blog My Wish (Rascal Flatts) is playing in the background. Ah, may all your dreams stay big...

In all reality, living in a place that is surrounded by natural beauty, such as this, it's amazing I could ever go a day without that feeling.

Now this is a stretch... but in some way, I don't think I would have come to South Africa if I hadn't been in Cass Lake this past summer. Now there are numerous of other places I was looking at, and going to Africa didn't seriously cross my mind until a certain conversation (Preeti), but regardless, the more I think about it the more I believe it's true. I could just say it gave me confidence, but really I believe it gave me new eyes. It made me a bit more aware of my surroundings. And even if it is my desire to always be happy go lucky, always see the bright side and just focus on the positives, my summer made me aware of conflict and tension and that there is a division and people don't always see things in the same light that you do. You see the looks people give one another... you see who is on what side of the street. You cant help but notice who goes to what cook out, what church and who goes where. You hear it in the tone- and right or wrong no longer becomes the question, but the tables are turned and the weight is on the response. Intense, but so real. It becomes aware which side is more welcoming, in our case which side of the school likes you more than the other, but still that doesn't stop you from showing and expressing the same love and same care across the board.
....Some how, I feel like I am exactly where I am supposed to be..



This is Odwa and I dancing at Learn for Life. Since it was Cinco de Mayo, we thought it would be the perfect chance to introduce some spanish, some chips and dip, and of course Salsa dancing. Shocker:: they actually LOVED dancing! It was a really fun night.

Right now I am organizing my photos from my old computer.. I'm just worried that I didn't do my back up hard drive right and I'm worried I might lose some. I'm not sure where my addiction to pictures comes from, but I just can't help it. I love it. I absolutely ridiculously love pictres. Many and all forms. Of people and of places. Ones that spell everything out, are captivationg, tell a story.. all the way to those that creat feelings inside you didn't know you had, or forgot you had. From walking down the street and snapping a shot to going to an exhibit or opening a book. From huge billboards to old photo albums.. the stories and the memories are countless, timeless, endless. Can be more powerfuland cause more change than anyone could imagine.


I think this is the photo from our hike that I wanted to print last time, but for some reason it didn't work.

I think I've used up all my words for today.
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment